Friday, July 24, 2009

I'll have a martini instead...


I woke up this morning to see I had received the lemonade stand award from the lovely Jessica at Chronically Vintage , one of my new favorite blogs! Jessica is amazingly articulate, and her blog often features fashion inspiration, clothing & accessories finds, tutorials, and all sorts of neat vintage history. I only wish I were as eloquent and sweet as she ^^. Check her out, along with the other great blogs she has given this award to.

Considering I just did this the other day, and so many people have already received this award, I won't be listing any blogs just now. If you haven't yet received this award let me know! I'm currently sitting on a mattress in a gloomy empty room =(

Receiving this award actually reminded me of a very silly, yet painful, event that occurred a couple months ago just after my 21st birthday. I was grocery shopping at Martin's, and was putting my items on the self-checkout thingy, and a plastic 1-liter bottle of lemonade slid off and fell on my second toe. Ouchy, right? It actually started bleeding profusely and caused quite an embarrassing scene. Currently, my toe is entirely black and likely to fall off any day now. People ask, "My God what happened to your toe?? Did a ton of bricks fall on it??" No...a bottle of lemonade... To this day I'm not quite sure how it caused so much damage, just my luck right?

Well, now that I've sufficiently grossed you out, off to clean !


The lemonade stand award

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    These awards offer a nice chance to find other wonderful blogs that you may not have come across on your own. Congrats on your lemonade stand award, your blog is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! I had no idea lemonade could be so vicious. I'd prefer a martini instead, too.

    Congrats on your award. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY - congrats. You deserve it, very cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, I love love love your blog! Just popped over from another's and am quite seriously loving your posts. :) They make me happy.
    lol, Well, I have never received a blog award, so I suppose... but you barely know me! hehe. Oh well.
    Be sure and pop by & leave a note! And I'm also having a giveaway right now that you should enter.

    -Laila
    www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks for following!! :) And would you like to exchange blog links?

    -Laila
    www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear, you are simply too kind for words, thank you deeply for the beautiful things you said, they mean a great deal to me. Your blog is fantastic, I appreciate that you mix personal insight and experiences with your love of vintage and fashion. You deserve this award and many more, honey!

    Big hugs & joyful Sunday wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete