Friday, June 19, 2009

Any Bonds Today?

With July 4th approaching, it's time to pull out some appropriate vintage fashion. In general, I tend to avoid red, white, and blue, but when it comes to vintage clothing, this color combination, typically with a nautical theme, is one of my favorites. I'm not a particularly patriotic person, aside from acknowledging how lucky and privileged I've been all my life, but I do love the romantic notions of WWII patriotism. Here's one of my favorite WWII posters...

Apparently carpooling isn't a new concept, and if this isn't incentive, I don't know what is!

Here are some clothes (vintage or vintage inspired) to wear while you settle down on a picnic blanket with your guy or your pals and watch the fireworks on the 4th



Nantucket Weekender Dress $94.99 at ModCloth

Retro Rodeo Red Scroll Mary Jane's $49.00 at PLASTICLAND

Sailor Girl Skirt $40.00 at Dismantled Fashions
I think I'm going to try to make something like this on my own soon..

Vintage 70's striped Strawberry Sailor Collar Dress $36.00 estatesale's etsy shop

And don't forget underneath!

Sailor Lingerie Set including bra, suspender belt, and knickers from What Katie Did

And finally my own nautical theme inspired outfit

Top: ( I know it's hard to see; the pattern has anchors and steering wheels) Thrifted, refashioned by me.
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Steve Madden

Enjoy!
Erin

3 comments:

  1. Love dress's with bow tye neck's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your nautical outfit - very sexy! I need more pieces like that, but I can see where you try not to wear it during the 4th of July. If you get a chance come by my blog and maybe follow too :)

    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete